One of the members in my Cricut Design Space Paper Crafting Facebook group asked if anyone had a 3D waterlily and since she wasn't able to find one I thought I would try and make one.
I had to tweak the file a few times to get it to assembly easily. The flower has 6 layers, 2 of 3 different sizes, a center and there is a lily pad that has two layers. I did the two layers on the lilypad to show veins in the lilypad. I always think details make all the difference.
Green Cardstock, 2 different shades
Hot Glue Gun
Water or Glimmer Mist
1. I used a quilling took to wind up the center of the the flower but if you don't have a quilling tool you can use whatever is available to you, such as the end of a small paint brush. Run a line of glue along the bottom before winding the paper.
2. This one is simple, just glue the top layer of the lily pad to the bottom.
3. I used a hot glue gun to put the flower together. I find hot glue seems to work better when making 3D flowers. Spritz water on the flower layer so you can bend it easier. Bend the small tabs up toward the center of the flower, add a drop of hot glue to the large tab on the petal and then adhere to the petal making the flower round. Your flower layer will have a bit of a cone shape to it at this point. Repeat step with all layers.
4. Glue one of the large flower layers to the circle that is cut.
5. Glue the other large flower layer to the bottom layer, staggering the petals and then add the 2 medium layers and finish with the 2 small layers.
6. Add the yellow center with some hot glue and fluff out the fringes. If you don't like how your petals are shaped then just spritz them with a little water and shape as desired and allow to dry.
I am offering this file for free and all I ask is that if you download the file please leave a comment of thank you, much appreciated or some sort of acknowledgement.
SVG DOWNLOAD - WATERLILY 3D
It’s beautiful. Thank you!ReplyDelete
Thank you, love it!ReplyDelete
Looking forward to trying this! Just got the Explore air 2. Thank you Okie! (((Hugs))))ReplyDelete
Thank you! We have lilies in our pond, so this is perfect! Saving for later!ReplyDelete
Thank you, it is just lovely!ReplyDelete
omg! this is beautiful! Thanks ShirleyReplyDelete
Thank you so much xxReplyDelete
So beautiful, can't wait to try it! Thank you.ReplyDelete
This is beautiful. Thank you!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much! I shoot photos and water lilies are a favorite of mine in the summer. Can't wait to try my luck at making this.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much, it is beautiful.ReplyDelete
So pretty, thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
Love this flower. Don’t know where I would use it, but it’s great. Glad u are bk posting againReplyDelete
It's so pretty. Thank you for sharing.ReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing!! Once I clean up my messy room and kids are in summer vacation I’m going to try make one.... AngelaReplyDelete
Thank you so much for the 3D waterlily file! I do a birthday board at work and one month I wanted koi and waterlilies, but I wanted the waterlilies to be 3D. I've been looking around for a year for a decent looking file or even an example and this one is PERFECT! I think these will be for the month of July! Thanks again :)ReplyDelete
Thank-You for the lovely cutting file and for the great instructions!ReplyDelete
Thank you!!! Can't wait to try this cut.ReplyDelete
Thank you! this is perfect.ReplyDelete
can i buy this in studio form pleaseReplyDelete
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!ReplyDelete
Thank you! My class is learning about ponds for the nest few weeks. This will be great for them make a project with and learn about flowers that can be found in a pond ecosystem!ReplyDelete
Thank you, don't know if you are still active or not, but stumbled on this svg, haven't cut it yet but hope i can do it justice I am also an Okie!ReplyDelete
Thank you! I'm excited to try to make this for my son's high school's band poster - this year's theme is "The Water Lily". (Each section mom makes a poster for the kids to get them motivated for a great show.)ReplyDelete