I wasn't crazy about this sketch but I guess that is why it is called a challenge! LOL I think sometimes I look at the sketches to literal and have problems seeing outside the box HA HA HA okay maybe I am the only one who thought that was funny.......*okie looks to see if anyone else is laughing..no one is...okie composes herself and continues*
Here is my LO for the challenge. I chose to use 3 pictures for the LO instead of just the two shown. So I was able to think outside the box on this one. These are pictures of my daughters first spoon feeding. I knew the date and such because when I had it in the dreaded magnetic album I had written down the date and what it was...so I was scrappin when scrappin wasn't cool! HA HA HA OKAY YOU GOTTA ADMIT THAT WAS KINDA FUNNY!! WHAT?? You don't remember Barbara Mandrel's song "I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool"?? *okie knows she is showing her age now* But in my defense I was just a young child when that song was out....well okay...maybe a young teenager. Oh yes...I was talking about the LO wasn't I!
LAYOUT INFO -
- Title is done with Wild Card and Printing Press
- Corners are done with Storybook
- Pattern paper is K & Company, a pack...can't remember the name right off hand
- Solid cardstock is just scraps so they are a little bit of everything
- Brads in the center of the flowers K & Company, other brads are Spare Parts
- Journaling is with Stampin Up Close to Cocoa
- Inking is Cat Eye Chalk ink Chestnut Roan and Creamy Brown
- Flowers are some that someone sent me...I don't know kind they are
- double sided adhesive foam to pop the pictures
I was going to put a baby from New Arrival on the LO but I put the paper on the mat in the wrong postion so the top of the head got cut off...and to be honest...I would rather not have the top of a baby's head chopped off on one of my LOs and I was too lazy to try and cut it again.
Okie, you did a great job thinking outside of the box... I wanted to ask you, you said once that there was some paper that you just loved, it cut like butter on the cricut... do you remember any paper that you said that about??? I finally found some, and order it, but lost her name and stuff... hoping you can help me...ReplyDelete
Sandy my prefered cardstock is Prism. I get it at the LSS here in town. It has a slight orange peel texture and doesn't leave the paper lint in the blade housing like other papers seem to do. Also it doesn't tear like some of the others. It seems to have a light sheen coating on the top or something. I TOTALLY LOVE IT!! I think it can be found online.ReplyDelete