I have had a few requests to post how I unmount my stamps so I thought I would repost the information today.
This was original aired *okie laughs at sounding like she is on tv* in October last year.
I decided this weekend I would get the rest of my stamps unmounted
and put in the Stampin Up Stamp Cases I ordered from Stampin Up. I didn't decide this
until Friday night, and I didn't finish until Saturday night! WHEW talk
about a job! But it was totally worth it. I got 10 sets of Stampin Up
stamps to fit in 3 DVD cases.
Now I knew if I posted
about doing this you guys would be hollering "hey okie we need
pictures!" so in my foresight I took pictures! Okay everyone say
"YYEEAHHH OKIEEEEE!"....I can't hear you! *okie puts one hand behind her ear and waves up with her other arm to get the people cheering*. That was much better!!
got the static cling foam on eBay from a seller named 941nmb and I got
the product quickly. The seller did combine shipping. I ordered 7 sheets
and I now only have 1/2 sheet left.
1. In order to save on foam I laid out a sheet of foam and then arranged my stamps to maximize usage of the product *okie thinks she sounded very professional just then*.
Okay, let's break it down, ya'll know I am cheap and I am gonna find
the best way I can to get the most out of anything! HA HA HA
Here you can see where I stamped the images with Stazon ink. I used
Stazon so it would be permanent and not rub off. I left the stamps on
the foam as I was stamping so I could get them positioned where they
were originally. I did sometimes have to move a stamp or two so I could
get an image stamped.
I unmounted my stamps by peeling them off the blocks and foam. Usually
the foam stayed on the block and I was just able to peel the stamp off
the foam. If you have problems you can stick the stamp in the microwave
for a few seconds to loosen up the adhesive. Luckily I didn't have any
problems and mine come off pretty easy. Some of the older ones took a
little bit more elbow grease but it wasn't bad.
I lined up the image on the foam by holding it up to the light. I
actually had the stamped side toward the light and the stamp facing me. I
thought about trying to find my little light table thing I have but I
was too lazy to go look for it. The good thing about the foam is that it
takes a few hours for it to become permanent so if you don't get it
straight the first time *okie thinks...or the first four times* don't worry, you can just pull the stamp up and reposition.
After trimming the foam on a few I noticed my scissors were getting
sticky and I go the Undu out and cleaned them off. I decided to use the
little device shown in the picture to get rid of the sticky and it made
it a lot easier to trim the stamp. I can't remember the name of the
thing, but it has talcum powder in it.
Next I trimmed right next to the stamped image. The foam cuts very
easily. I was using big scissors at first but then went to using my
Cutterbee's because I could get in the corners a lot easier on some of
7. TADA! *okie throws her hands in the air like she just did the most fabulous magic trick*
And this is what you end up with after you get the stamp stamped on the
foam, unmounted from the block, positioned on the foam and then
trimmed! A nice little stamp that takes up about 1/4 of the room you
were using before!
Now you can see why I unmounted my stamps! What you see in the picture
is actually space saving proof. All 10 sets of the stamps fit in 3 Stampin Up Stamp Cases! A few of the sets were smaller ones but at least half were the
Well now you guys see why I
didn't post this weekend! Oh I know you are thinking "okay so what did
you do all day today!" I worked on my Naughty Princess card set that
will start tomorrow!