Sorry this is posting late. I didn't get it written last night and scheduled for today and since it is Saturday I slept in a little and still had to take the pictures, edit them and get them ready to post *okie wonders if anyone really even cares it is late and wonders why she always explains things*.
These pictures were taken in 2005 at our little cabin on Lake Eufaula here in Oklahoma. Somewhere we love to go but don't get to go very often anymore. It was so hot that summer we didn't even stay the full time we had planned.
For the background paper I used a cream colored sheet of cardstock and then crumpled it all up into a ball, smoothed it out and then went over it with a Tim Holtz Distressed Ink pad. The color I used was vintage photo.
The patterned papers are some I got at the LSS that closed down a few years back and I thought it was good "manly" looking paper to use for cards but it works nice for a camping layout.
The photo corners are some Making Memories leather corners. I thought the element of leather went well with the pictures and helped set them off well.
The title was done with Graphically Speaking and the branch is from Camp Out. On the title I used the hide contour feature so I could have "THE" in maroon. I also cut a second one in dark brown to do the off set shadow. I used a white Signo UM-153 pen to add a little bit of highlight on the title. *okie stands up and in a very serious tone announces* My name is okieladybug and I am a compulsive doodler.
On the branch I used the Cuttlebug Distressed embossing folder becasue...well because I wanted to *okie thinks 'it's my layout I can emboss if I want to' and laughs at her nerdy self*.
You can also see the background paper a little better in this picture. Of course you can click on the picture and make it bigger to see the details better.
After I got the layout done I looked at it and felt it needed something under the bottom right hand picture and dug through my buttons that I felt went well. I used some twine that my friend Linda, aka LGuild, gave me a few months back. I used a darning needle to sew the buttons on the paper.
The layout is full but I have a hard time leaving a lot of empty space on a layout. One day I may try it though. OKAY FINE! I have tried it...and I just can't seem to do it!