So yesterday I showed ya'll the UGH lee card I was working on and I was hoping I could salvage the poor thing. I always forget what a little embellishing can do for something and while I could have done more I was still pretty happy with the results, not overboard happy, but just happy it was acceptable enough that I didn't have to toss it in the trash!
I embossed the main mat to add some interest and now it might be too interesting...or busy but I still think it made it look better. The folder I used is a Darice folder that I got from Consumer Crafts. I don't remember the name of it and when I looked online I couldn't find it but it is similar to Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls but has a little more flourish design and some dots to it. I have really liked all the folders I have gotten from Consumer Crafts and they have always left a good crisp impression.
I used the Stampin Up Bird punch for adding some leaves to break up the background a little. I punched out 3 leaf branches and glued them down under the flower.
I turned up the edges of the flower for some dimension and also pop dotted it on the card. Ya'll know by now I can't do a project without pop dottin somethin!!
And here is a side by side comparison of the UGH lee card and the "it'll pass" card. I guess some embellishment really can salvage even the most horrid of projects!!