Sunday, February 8, 2009

Flowers on acetate

I saw this method in the Card Maker magazine I got and wanted to try it. I think it would work better with a stiffer acetate but I still like the look of it. I stamped on the back side with Stazon and then used acrylic paint to fill in the flower, on the back side. The front is smooth and I don't have to worry about the paint coming off.

I think I should have chose
different colors, but I still like the over all effect of the card. The images on this card aren't too bad but the ink did smudge some on others. The stamped image is from a See D's stamp set I have.

I used mounting foam
and hid the pieces under the petals of the flowers to give it dimension, besides that is what it said to do in the magazine! HA HA HA I was worried about the foam peeling off the paint but it seemed to adhere just fine.


  1. i saw this too but just got my mag. this week . man u r fast. it looks good.

  2. hey, that's a wonderful idea! I love that! i gotta remember that!! TFS!!

  3. I like the effect. It is very pretty. I'm going to have to try it also.