Yeah I really mean soup....like ya eat! Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana! This is my favorite soup! And might be yours also! I have posted this recipe on the MB before but someone asked for the recipe.....sooo, thought I would post it on my blog!! I usually make some bread sticks to go with this.
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
1 lb Italian Sauaage
1 1/2 t. crushed red pepper
1 large diced white onion
4 T. bacon pieces
2 t. garlic puree
10 cups water
5 cubes Chicken Bullion
1 c. heavy cream
5-6 diced potatoes
1/4 bunch of kale
1. Saute' Italian sausage and crushed pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In same pan, saute' bacon, onions and garlic for approx 15 minutes or until onions are soft
3. Mix together the chicken bullion and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling
4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5. Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
6. Stir in sausage. Add Kale just before serving.