The file contains all the pieces, which aren't many, for the base of the album and I also replicated some of the embellishment pieces you can cut as well.
The bottom of the picture shows how the album looks when it is all opened up.
The base pieces that will be cut are the ones in this picture. I added a decorative flap piece but you don't have to use it. As you see the piece are - Cover, Flap and Pages, that's it! The score lines and holes for the binding are in the file and will cut as well.
1. Cut file pieces, making sure to cut 4 of the "page" pieces, fold on score lines.
2. If using decorative flap apply it now with glue or double sided tape, aligning the hole with the cover.
3. Choose two of the page for left hand binding and aline the pre-cut binding holes.
4. For the binding you can use ribbon, cording, etc. Cut (2) 24" lengths of binding material.
5. Left-hand BINDING (see picture to the right):
- Feed one ribbon through center hole, from the outside to the inside of the album, leaving a 4" tail on the outside of the spine.
- Feed the ribbon through the top hole from the inside to the outside.
- Feed the ribbon through the bottom hole from the outside to the inside.
- Feed ribbon back out through the center hole (where you started) to the outside. You may have to hold the short "tail" tightly to one side to get through the hole again.
- Tie off the two tails of the ribbon on the outside of the spine, knot and trim.
6. Align two remaining pages for the right-hand binding, and follow BINDING instructions for the right-hand set of holes.
7. Embellish as desired.
I used Graphic 45 Boardwalk paper for the one I cut using the MTC file. You really need to use double sided paper for the project for it to turn out looking nicely. I did cut some of the pieces for embellishment that are in the file but I also used punches and elements from the Boardwalk paper for embellishing. Maya Road cording was used for the binding.
File Download - GATEFOLD ALBUM